Sunday, September 30, 2012

Got Juice?–Day 6–Final Day

Well, this was my final day of my juice detox/cleanse and I have to say it has been the easiest of all.  Not hungry at all, enjoyed my apple, carrot and ginger juice, my big ole salad for lunch and tonight I made delicious Raw Lettuce Wraps, again compliments of a recipe from my juice gal, Tiffany Finney, owner of Pour Me Some Juice.  It was actually dinner for my husband also and he really liked it too.  We have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow.  I know you want the recipe, so here it is:Lettuce Wraps
Raw Lettuce Wraps
  • 2 very ripe avocados
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 beet, shredded
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • kernels from one ear raw organic corn
  • 2 tsp fresh lime juice
  • 1 tsp raw agave nectar
  • 6-8 large romaine lettuce leaves
Prep: In a large bowl, mash the avocados.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.  Spread 2-3 tablespoons onto lettuce leaves and wrap.

I changed it up just a little- and used only 1/4 onion and 2 garlic cloves, but added a second tomato.  I didn’t get all the seeds out of the jalapeno and it was a tad spicy, but it only lasted a minute (and a whole sippy cup of water!)  I also added sea salt and a little oil and vinegar. 

I will do one more post tomorrow about my juice week- sort of as a wrap up, so please come back one more day.

Blessings,
Diane

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails