Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Got Juice?–Day 2

Green Smoothie
I made it through Day 1 with flying colors!  I had a Raw Green Smoothie for dinner and it was yummy.  But, not your typical smoothie that you would pay $5 bucks (or more) or the fun ones you make at home.  I started with baby spinach than added kale, strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, a banana, coconut oil, some raw almonds, flax, water, apple and avocado.  The strawberries, mangoes and banana were frozen so I didn’t have to add ice to make it cold.  I had never had a green smoothie before and just the thought of it, well, was not appetizing.  But….I blended all this stuff up in my handy-dandy blender/food processor combo and had a sip and it was delish!  Made a whole blender full, so tonight I will blend it a little and have the rest for supper.  It’s green, but it’s good.  Here’s a peak…you can see the green stuff hugging the glass.
I love my coffee in the morning, but on the detox caffeine is a no-no.  But, Tiffany said organic green tea would be a good substitute and full of antioxidants.  Don’t know what they are, but must be a good thing.  Anyway, I am not a hot tea drinker.  Tried it.  Didn’t like it.  Didn’t try anymore.  But, I do have lots of nice teabags, all flavors, for my tea-drinking buddies.  And, I just happened to bring home several big boxes of the stuff from Shanghai.  So, real Chinese green tea.  Served this morning with a touch of lemon and Truvia in this gorgeous teacup- also from China. I felt pretty special.

Green Tea
I am feeling pretty good, although today I woke up hungry and even with the lemon water and juice, I got hungry before lunchtime.  But, I ate another big ole salad, then drank my juice mid-afternoon, so now I am feeling much better.  I spent the day working on my craft room.  The last three or four months have been loaded with classes, clubs, family parties, baby and wedding showers and as soon as one project was over I was working on the next.  So, as I finished, the supplies would just go in the floor.  No time to properly store them.  Now I am suffering because I can’t find a dang thing.  So, today we simply put the stuff in the floor in the kitchen.  I am giving myself three, maybe four days to finished this project.  I pledge that not quite half will go into a huge garage sale.  I mean, how many shades of pink ribbon do you need?  Apparently a lot, cause that is what I have.  Here’s a couple of pictures of the breakfast area- this doesn’t include the stuff on the floor in Bob’s office. No one should have this much stuff.  But, I have been “collecting” for over 30 years….so….
Craft Room 1Craft Room 2
Signing off ‘til tomorrow,
Blessings,
Diane

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails