Saturday, September 29, 2012

Got Juice?–Day 5

Today I feel like I could do this forever!  Not really, but it has been a very easy day.  I have not been hungry at all.  I had delicious pure carrot juice for breakfast and my afternoon snack.  I fancied up my picture just a little hoping it would inspire the Vols to whip Georgia.  Apparently they did not get the message.UT Juice2
For lunch I had Corn Chowder made from a recipe from Wholey Chow.  Tiffany and her friend and fellow raw food guru, Amy Koerner create yummy healthy meals and since they both are detoxing this week, I’ve followed their menu carefully.  I was a tad hesitant because it would not be heated, except what the blender does while mixing.  But, friends, it was very, very good.  In fact, at the grocery today I bought a couple of ears of corn so I can make it again next week.  Very simple and quick recipe.  Try it- I think you will like it and it is good, good for you.  Maybe I loved it so much because it has the perfect food in it – avocado!
Raw Corn Chowder
  • 5 cups or corn or 5 ears of corn
  • 2-1/2 cups almond milk
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/8 cup alpha sprouts (if available)
  • Salt, curry, garlic powder to taste
Put 4 1/2 c of corn and the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and slightly warmed by the blender. Add seasons and adjust them to your taste. Pour into bowls and garnish with remaining corn.
Tonight I made a Raspberry and Watermelon smoothie for supper.  Another of Tiffany’s recipes and easy peasy to put together.  Baby spinach, celery, raspberries, watermelon and a banana. Isn’t it pretty?  All that green goodness.  It was really tasty and filling.  Raspberry Watermelon smoothieBut we had a mini disaster – I filled the blender with all the goodies and cranked it up and it just whirred and whirred without a spin in sight.  I reposition the bowl, poked the stuff down into the blades and…same thing.  My initial thought was that I had broken my blender, but thought I would try one more thing.  So I pulled out the food processor attachment (it’s a Cuisinart combo machine) and transferred it the stuff, then gave it a push.  Voila- worked like a charm.  I guess the blender bowl just wasn’t seated properly, because when I ran it with soapy water it worked fine.  Live and learn.  My motto for all of my life.

One more day to go and I am proud of myself.  I am feeling great and I do believe I look healthier.  The first of the detox I occasionally thought about what “real” meal I would want first after this was over.  Well, today at the grocery I bought lots and lots of organic fruits, veggies and nuts and fish and chicken.  I want to continue to feel good like I do today. I think I may be on the road to something big and life-changing.  I sure hope so.
Cards next…I promise!
Blessings,
Diane

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails