Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Got Juice?

Well, I do!  Today is the first day of my “juice cleanse” or “detox” and I am excited to start this journey.  What, pray tell, prompted me to jump on the juice bandwagon.  I could say it was because I love juice, veggies, salads and smoothies.  Which is true.  But not the real reason. 
I want and need to get healthy and stay healthy.  I want to chase after my little granddaughter- Sweet Isabella.  I want to climb to the top of a lighthouse easier than I did last month in Maine.  I want to be here for my family for many more years.  And, in order to make those things happen, I must change my eating habits, lose weight and get movin’.
I am going to share my 6 day detox with you, mainly as a record for me and because I think I will be more accountable if know I am going to blog about it.
My juice is provided by Tiffany Finney, creator of Pour Me Some Juice.  Tiffany has degrees, certifications and mucho training in nutrition and fitness.  She is a raw food counselor and master juicer.  She gets up at 4 AM to make our juice and have it ready by 8 AM.   I actually started eating healthier a couple of weeks ago and had 10 oz. of her wonderful juice 6 out of 7 days.  Folks, I tell you, it is yummy!  The juice for the 6 day detox is a little different. 
cropped-pour-me-some-juice-blog-header
Each day’s “menu” is the same.  I start with 8 oz. of warm lemon water, then 8 oz. of juice for breakfast.  For lunch I can have a big ole salad with lots of colorful veggies mixed with oil and vinegar dressing.  Mid-afternoon is another 8 oz. of juice, then at dinner I will have another big ole salad.  Warm lemon water for a nightcap and I’m done for the day.  Oh, she also gave me some yummy smoothie recipes that can substitute for a meal.
Tiffany warned that Day 1 juice was not very tasty, but I had no problem drinking it.   It consisted of:
Kale, Apple, Collard Greens and Lemon
It just sounds green doesn’t it?  Well, it is. You can see it on the far right in the picture.  I forgot to get a photo until after I drank the first half for breakfast.  Day 2 and 3 are in the picture, along with a jar of her very tasty homemade Almond Milk for my smoothies. 
Juice Day 1

Here’s a little “juice” card I made for Tiffany when we started our journey together.  I used the terrific new Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set, the Cannery Framelit Dies and our new fall Designer Series Paper, Orchard Harvest.  Jar for you
Thanks for going on this journey with me.  I will update each day of the detox and then as I move forward, I want to keep you up to date with my overall progress.
Now…I gotta get movin’!
‘Till next time….
Blessings,
Diane

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails