Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge Card–PCCCS056

I am a big admirer of Justin Krieger and when I learned he was a designer for a new to me sketch challenge blog, I knew I wanted to play along.  You can see Justin’s fabulous creations at JK Cards.  Here is the sketch and my card for the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge # 56.
130523-PCC-Sketches-v1-004-231x300
Paper Craft Crew 56 8-28-13

I {heart} this card!  My inspiration came from another terrific designer and fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Cecile Ortiz at Lezards de Cilou.  I clear embossed the seashell and fish after stamping in black, then sponged various color inks to highlight ocean colors.  Then did a little fussy cutting (which I love).  Using Cecile’s technique, I added depth with my stylus and double mounted the pieces.  You really can’t see it, but it is pretty darn cool IRL.  I hope you enjoy.

Supplies (all Stampin’ Up!):  Stamps:  By the Tide; Paper: Rich Razzelberry, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Silver Glimmer Paper, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla; Ink: Pool Party, Soft Sky, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzelberry and Black Stazon; Accessories and Tools:  Oval Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Stylus, Paper Snips, Clear EP, Versamark, Heat Tool, Circle Punches, Fancy Fan EF.

There is so much going on everyday in my life.  I never dreamed that being retired meant having something to do pretty much all the time.  I think we retired folks take on projects because we think…”well, I am retired so I have all this time…”

Well, I don’t!  I finished this card yesterday afternoon, but didn’t have time to post because of doctor visits.  Then today we had a house showing in the morning (house is for sale-downsizing like retired ppl should do) so we had to get out and roam awhile; then a visitation at the funeral home for a friend’s mother; then a meeting with our financial advisor this afternoon.  All of which interferes with my stampin’ time.
But I always have time for the sweet Princess Bella.  Here’s a cute pix of her all ready for the pool.  I just love this cutie.
Bella goggles 8-13
Blessings,
Diane

2 comments:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Thanks for discovering our sketch challenge, Diane. I too am a big Justin fan and so happy to be on the DT with him. We were actually a little in sync this week using the woodgrain in different ways. Now onto your card, FABULOUS. The colours are amazing and I love all the detail, really outstanding. Thank you for playing along this week at the Paper Craft Crew! Carolyn x

Glenda Calkins said...

This is just Gorgeous! I can only imagine how much prettier it is in real life. Great Job with the Sketch challenge; thanks for participating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails