Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Truly Grateful


“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”  Colossians 3:17

Last night was our weekly Community Group Bible Study class.  Rather than have Sunday School classes, our church focuses on building relationships and personal spiritual growth through community.  Fourteen to sixteen people meeting in homes once a week for an in depth study of the previous Sunday’s message.  Part of the meeting is devoted to sharing what is going on in our lives and prayer requests.  This gathering is the highlight of our week.  We have very special relationships with these fellow believers and I am always blessed when the evening comes to an end. And also very grateful. 

Last night my contribution to the prayer list was to pray for our leaders as they make difficult decisions this week and also thanking God for our group and how he has blessed us with honesty and integrity.  We do not deserve his blessing, but through his grace, I gratefully receive.

So, as I pondered just what to do for the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge, I knew that Truly Grateful would be perfect as it aligned with the way I am feeling this week.  Visit this terrific challenge and check out the amazing creations of the designers and gallery participants.  Maybe you will want to join in too. 

You can reach this weeks challenge, PCCCS057 here. The first sketch is the original and the second is the same sketch rotated.  That is the one I used for my card.  I love that we can play with the sketch a bit to suit our design.


View album

And here is my card.  I embossed the wheat with Early Espresso embossing powder to give it a little pop.  The burlap banners are hand cut from the gorgeous ribbon in the Holiday catalog.  I used a strip of Adhesive Sheet on the back to give it some stability.  It also helps with fraying.  I absolutely love, love the DSP embossed with the Pretty Print Embossing Folder because a little white shows through- pretty cool, I think. 

And the sentiment is stamped on the 7/8” Cotton Ribbon in the Annual Catalog.  Love this effect.

Paper Craft Crew 57 9-9-13

Recipe: (all product available 24/7 at Diane’s Demo Site)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Sweater Weather DSP Stamps: Truly Grateful Inks: Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip Accessories and Tools: Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Versamark, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Pretty Print Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Brights Candy Dots, Designer Naturals Buttons, Linen Thread, 7/8” Cotton Ribbon, 1-1/4” Burlap Ribbon, Chalk Talk Framelits, Adhesive Sheets

Thanks for staying with me on this long post.  I leave you now with a sweet photo of Princess Bella.  I am working with a new photo program and blurred it a little.  I think I like the effect.  Of course, I had the perfect subject!

Bella Sparkle
Blessings,
Diane




2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Diane. This is just beautiful. Love the color combo...you have captured Thanksgiving perfectly.

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Thanks for playing along this week Diane. I do love how you've turned the sketch this week. Works so well with your design. Beautiful card for the Paper Craft Crew challenge. Carolyn x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails