Monday, March 12, 2012

My Favorite Book of All Time

I kind of love this stamp club project from a couple of months ago. It is a bookmark for my favorite book. The Bible I use most of the time is fairly new. I think I got it around 1985.


The translation is the New International Version and I remember having a hard time moving from the King James. I felt like I was betraying someone or something. I also have reference Bibles, Bible commentaries, Bible dictionairies - not to mention notes from a bunch of Bible Studies throughout the years. I'll bet I am not the only person with bookshelves filled with resources to facilitate Christian growth.


And even though I learned the books of The Bible during "Sword Drills" at the little Baptist Church I grew up in, I get a little rattled when I need to turn to Lamentations or some other little known Old Testament book....thus the Bible bookmark. So the bookmark will be added to Post-It Notes, little torn pieces of paper to hold my place, and other bookmarks in my sword. Here's a chapter in Ephesians that shows my notes, dates of sermons, highlighted passages, etc.

It's my favorite book. It's the ultimate history book. It's His story.


Blessings to you,

Diane



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails