Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Glorious Baby Shower Brunch for Sweet Jill

Last Saturday I hosted, with a lot of help from my sisters and mother and, of course marvelous hubby Bob, a baby shower brunch for my niece Jill.  She and Jamie are expecting their first – a little boy due May 19th.  We are so happy for them.  They will be wonderful, loving parents to this precious child.

So, I wanted her day to be special and one to remember and how do you make a celebration special?  With Stampin’ Up! products and projects!!!  So, without further adieu, here’s a snapshot (or rather several snapshots) or our glorious day.

 

I really liked how the invitations turned out. They were made with all Stampin’ Up! product.  Jill’s nursery has a bird theme so I tried to incorporate that in all the decorations. I also was pleased with the photo banner. It was on two sides of the foyer and a big hit with the guests.

I had a ball making the decorations.  Banners, birds, diaper cakes – even little mini diaper cakes for the table decorations.  The banner on the mirror reads “Baby Parchman” and the spring colored M and M’s are in a baby food jar.  I loved making the tissue paper pom poms.  I remember making these when I was a young girl.  What sweet memories.

The food was delish! My sister Charlotte and mother brought lots of goodies. Mother made a marvelous sausage and egg breakfast casserole. I tried a Cinnamon Roll casserole that turned out yummy. The flavored water was a hit! I used lemons, limes, cucumbers and strawberries. I discovered the secret is to wait until about 30 minutes before you serve to put it together. Use cold water, add ice and do not squeeze the fruits. A nice fresh taste. This will be a staple at my events from now on.  I made a little banner with the baby’s name on it for the diaper cake.  What a cute way to welcome the little one.  The diaper cakes are now in their new home in Drake’s nursery.  The birds flying above the table were made with Stampin’ Up!’s brand new Elegant Bird Die.  Leaving those up all summer!

And, of course, opening the gifts was so much fun. I think Jamie was a little overwhelmed among all the gals, but he was a good sport and enjoyed all the hoop-la. This was their first shower and was a great success.

We are all looking forward to the arrival of Drake Christian in May.  Jill is a sweetheart and it is hard to believe she will be a mom soon.  She was a precious little girl, a cracker-jack softball player and now a Registered Nurse.  I am so proud of her and can’t wait to be Aunt Di to another precious little boy.  I hope I will earn the honor of being a “great” aunt.

Blessings,

Diane

2 comments:

Diane Noble said...

WOW...what a fabulous party! I LOVE all your decorations. An amazing gift of love for your niece! I love how you have laid out your blog...need to investigate more how you do this. Love your picture gallery format.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today. I appreciate it more than you know. I'm so glad we're connected!:)

Mary McLeary said...

You have the gift of hospitality! Looks like a wonderful gathering.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails