Thursday, July 15, 2010

Because I Care…..about Cleo- it’s Elemental!

My dear friend and stamping buddy Cleo celebrated her birthday last week and I regret I wasn’t able to join in the festivities.  She and her precious daughter Leisa Jane live about 2-1/2 hours away and I don’t get to see them nearly often enough.  But, I did take the time to make a special birthday card for her.  I think I’ve mentioned before that making a card for a fellow stamper puts a lot of pressure on the creative process.  It’s just got to be perfect!  Well, this card isn’t perfect, but I was very pleased with the way it turned out.

I used the terrific new Level 1 Hostess set, Because I Care.  It is truly one of the prettiest hostess sets that Stampin’ Up! has ever offered.  I love hydrangeas (who doesn’t) and have already made a box full of cards with the image.  Lots of new stuff on this card- at least new to me.  The punches, butterfly embosslits, paper and ink.  Tell me how you like it…..here are a few techniques I used:

  • Watercolored the main image and a bunch of little flowers
  • Added flower centers using a white gel pen
  • Clear embossed the whole lot
  • Cut out the main image and all the little flowers and the leaves
  • Sponged the edges of the two embossed butterflies

I used the same techniques on the Elements of Style card (first ink on it), plus used the little flowers from the Because I Card set.  I’m pretty proud of myself and, since I usually make two of every card so I have one to keep, I can admire my creations all day long!  (insert a chuckle here)

Cherry BecauseBecause - side 

Stylish BirthdayStylish - Inside 

Here’s another tip that I learned from Cleo and Leisa Jane…..your card is not finished unless the inside and the envelope is decorated.  I’ve included photos of the inside and I also decorated the envies just as nicely.  I hope the recipients smile when they see a card from me in their mailbox and know I was thinking of them when I made it.  That smile is my reward!

I would love to show you how to make these cards.  Just give me a shout and we will get together.  In the meantime, you can get all the supplies in my online store.  Just click here.

HappyFields signature 2

Supplies: Stamps:  Because I Care – Hostess Level 1, Elements of Style (current Idea Book and Catalog)
Paper:  Early Expresso, Very Vanilla, Concord Crush, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Accessories:  SU! Pearls, Punches: Oval and Scallop Oval, Dies for Big Shot: Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Big Circle, Scallop Circle, Signo White Gel Pen, Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL, Versamark, AquaPainter,

3 comments:

Created by Kath said...

What a lovely card.

Jackie Ray said...

How do you clear emboss the flowers after you watercolor them?

Murtuza said...

you just too good, love your blog and the projects...

http://www.white-fence.blogspot.com

Zaheer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails