Thursday, April 2, 2009

Butterfly Birthday - LSC213

Well, we’re back from our mini vacation and glad to be home.  We have been visiting our sons in Nashville and Atlanta and had a great time.  It rained everyday in Atlanta so we had to limit our sight-seeing, but did get to visit The Carter Center- President Carter’s Library and Museum and enjoyed it very much.  We hope to be able to visit all the Presidential Libraries in the next couple of years.  We went to President Reagan’s Library in Simi Valley, CA last year and hope to get to the Clinton Library in Little Rock in a month or so.  It’s pretty thrilling to see how these remarkable men lived.

When I checked the SCS challenges I missed, I knew I had to catch up on a few.  I am starting with the Limited Supplies because we were to use Black and White only on our card, and as you know, these are my favorites.  And, I did get to a LSS in Atlanta and was able to find a set I have been wanting- Inkadinkado’s Patterned Bugs and thought the butterflies in flight image would be perfect for my card.  It is similar to the birds in flight image from the Birds Galore set which I also love.

It’s a real simple card, but I had a little trouble stamping the image because I don’t have a big acrylic block.  So I took a CD case apart and used the clear top and it turned out pretty good.  I also used a couple of new MS punches I picked up at Wal-Mart in Atlanta.  Hope you like it!

LSC213 Birthday Butterflies 006

 

I hope your week is off to a good start.  I am so excited because my friend Leisa discovered that Michelle Zindorf is coming to Tennessee and was able to secure spots in the beginner and advanced brayer classes for our stampin’ Gang of Four: Leisa, Cleo, Lisa and moi!  We are counting down the days to July 10…….can’t wait.

Blessings,

Diane

Supplies:  Stamps: Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs, SU! Birthday Whimsy; Paper: PTI White, SU! Basic Black, PTI Bitty Dots Basics True Black DSP; Ink: PTI True Black; Accessories: Martha Stewart Doily Lace and Classic Butterfly punches, SU! Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails