Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Twelve Days of Thanksgiving

Are you a subscriber to Pinterest?  If not, let me tell you about it.  Pinterest is a free website that is like a virtual bulletin board or virtual bookmark tool.  I have hundreds of bookmarks on my computer, which are kind of useless because of the volume.  Well, Pinterest let’s you develop categories and you can add a photo that automatically links back to the original site, of items you want to keep handy.  You can also search on Pinterest for absolutely anything and “repin” the item to your boards.   I know I sound like an advertisement for Pinterest, but I just want to share with you this terrific site.  Click on the Big P below and it will take you to my page:

big-p-button

 

Which brings me to today’s project.  I found this on Pinterest and decided to make a few adjustments and create a little Thankfulness Jar for a my sisters, mom and aunt.  Each jar has  little slips of paper for each family member to write what you are thankful for each day.  Then, on Thanksgiving, empty the jar and share your “thankfulness” with the entire family.

Thanksgiving Jar

I added Stampin’ Up! Spice Cake Fabric, some tomato twine and cut out some leaves from the Gently Falling stamp set.  About 10 minutes each jar and it can be used every year.  I just kinda love it!

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving next week and Isabella’s first birthday party.  She was here this weekend and is walking everywhere.  She looks like a little monster holding her arms straight out for balance.  I have a lot to do to get ready for the party and Thanksgiving Dinner for about 35 and I am a little under the weather, so it will be a few days before I can get back to it.   In the meantime, I can get a lot done on the computer printing cupcake toppers, banner, treat toppers, etc.  Here’s the invite that we sent that was created for us by 3PeasPrints, a terrific shop on Etsy.  I really wanted to make it myself on Stampin’ Up!’s My Digital Studio software, but I am just not quite there yet with my expertise.  Maybe next year.

We are so thankful for this little miracle baby that it is only fitting that her first birthday theme is one of thanks.

Isabella Invite edited

I hope your holiday plans are moving along nicely.

Blessings to you,

Diane

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am back again because I just love this jar and the idea behind it!!! I will be featuring it on My Crafty Picks #43 with a link back to your blog on 11-20-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

LeAnne said...

This is lovely---what a nice idea! What kind of paper did you stamp your sentiment on? It seems so much smoother than SU cardstock. I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and especially that little sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails