Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artistic Amour–Mojo Monday Challenge 178

It has been awhile since I last posted and even longer since I participated in a challenge.  But I have so much new stuff from Stampin’ Up! that I wanted to showcase and a terrific challenge is the best way.  Mojo Monday produces fantastic creations from the most talented artists in cyberworld and I always enjoy studying new techniques.

Today I chose to go vintage using Stampin’ Up!’s gorgeous Love Letter Designer Series Paper, a little strip from Newsprint and the beautiful Artistic Etchings stamp set.  I embedded two of the paper circles on another piece of patterned paper using the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.  This is such an easy and WOW technique.  Then I cut a strip of designer paper from Newsprint about 1” X 12” and scored at 1/4 all the way around to make my ruffle circle.  I ruffled the pretty Basic Black satin ribbon using sticky strip and making little ruffles all the way down.  The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla then run through the crimper.  I just love the look.

Mojo178 Love Letter

Thanks for taking time to look.  We are on the way to our son’s home today to spend a few days with our brand new granddaughter, Isabella.  She is 2-1/2 months old and I haven’t seen her in 5 weeks due to illness- that’s half her life!  So, you probably know how excited I am!!!

Blessings,

Diane

 

 

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zep. 3:17

Click Here to purchase Stampin’ Up! products 24/7

Stamps:  Artistic Etchings

Paper: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Newsprint and Love Letter Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Basic Black

Accessories and Tools:  Basic Black brads, Basic Black Satin ribbon, 2” circle punch, 2-3/8 scallop circle punch, 1-3/4 circle punch, Antique brad, Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Sticky Strip, Stampin’ Dimensionals

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I love this card, so cute!

Leena Girsa said...

What a lovely card! I really like the colour combo! Now following your blog from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

Kendra Richardson said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing your ideas! I'm follower #367 from SC. You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

Debra said...

I love that card!! I am following you from SC, I am #215. www.stampapotamus.blogspot.com
Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails